General Booking Conditions
The following booking conditions together with the general information contained in the website form the basis of your contract with the owner of the property (Grapevine Manor). Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and conditions. All bookings are made subject to these booking conditions.
1. Your booking Once your booking request has been received we will, subject to availability, confirm the booking by sending a confirmation invoice by email. Please check this invoice carefully when you receive it and contact us immediately if any information appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We cannot accept any liability if we are not informed of any accuracies in any document within 5 days of our sending it out.
2. Number of Persons Please send us details of all the persons in your party with your confirmation. Only those whose name appears on the booking form may use the property. The number of persons, adults and children, must not exceed the number of sleeping places indicated on the website (sixteen persons). The substitution of persons during the rental period is forbidden unless previously agreed
3. Arrivals On arrival you must complete a registration form to confirm your details. It will also be necessary to present your passport or identity card to us.
4. Payment In order to confirm your stay a deposit of 25% of the full payment will be required.
This deposit is not refundable in the event of your cancellation or failure to pay on time.
The balance of the cost of your stay must be paid six weeks before your arrival date at the rental property (GrapeVine Manor).
5. Your contract A binding contract between us comes into existence when the deposit has been paid. If you cancel the booking after payment of the deposit our normal cancellation charges will apply.
This contract, and all matters arising out of it, are governed by Spanish law. We both agree that any dispute arising out or connected with your holiday will be dealt with by the courts of Spain
6. The cost of your stayWe reserve the right to increase or decrease the cost of your accommodation at any time. The price of your stay will be confirmed at the time of booking subject to corrections of errors. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error.Please note changes and errors occasionally occur. You must check the price of your stay at the time of booking
7. Changes by you Should you wish to make any change to your confirmed booking, you must notify us by email as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such request. Where we can, an amendment fee may be payable together with any costs incurred by ourselves
8. Cancellation by you Should you need to cancel your stay , you must immediately advise us either by email or in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when we receive it in writing at our office. We incur costs from the time we confirm your booking and may be unable to resell your period of stay. Depending on the reason for cancellation you may reclaim these cancellation charges under the terms of any personal insurance policy you may have. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned. Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel within the six weeks before the arrival date.
9. Insurance It is strongly recommended that you take adequate travel insurance. Please read your policy details carefully. It is your responsibility to ensure that the travel insurance cover you purchase is adequate for your particular needs.
10. Changes and Cancellations by us Occasionally we have to make changes to and correct errors on our website descriptions and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations we must reserve the right to do so.
If we have to make a significant change to or cancel your booking we will tell you as soon as possible. We will endeavour to offer you an alternative should a significant change or cancellation occur.
We regret we cannot pay any expense costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
Very rarely we may be forced due to circumstances beyond our control to change or terminate your stay after arrival but before the scheduled end of your stay. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret that we are unable to make any refunds or pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
11. Circumstances beyond our control We regret that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of forces beyond our control. In these booking conditions this means that any event which we as the supplier of the services in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions fire, theft and all similar events outside our control.
12. Our liability to you We promise to provide your accommodation with reasonable skill and care. We do not accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your accommodation arrangements is not caused by any fault of ours. When we talk about fault, this means failure by ourselves to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that reasonable care and skill has not been used if you wish to make a claim.We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results in any of the following
- The fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- The fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your accommodation by us which we could not have predicted or avoided or
- An event or circumstance which could not have been predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see clause 9)
In addition we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your stay or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your stay or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or any losses expenses costs or other sums you have suffered relate to any business..
Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for any services that do not form part of our contract. This includes for example any additional services or facilities any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
The promises we make to you about the accommodation we provide or arrange as part our contract and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred will be used as the basis for deciding whether the accommodation in question has been properly provided. If the particular accommodation that gave rise to the complaint or claim complied to the local laws and regulations applicable to those accommodation at the time, the accommodation will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the accommodation did not comply with the laws and regulations of the United Kingdom which would have been applied had that accommodation been in the United Kingdom.
We limit the maximum amount we may have to pay you for any and all claims or parts of claims that do not involve personal injury, illness or death. Except where loss of and/or damage to luggage claims or personal possessions is concerned or a lower limit of liability applies to your claim, the maximum amount we will have to pay you for such non personal injury claims if we are found liable to you on any basis is twice the price, excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges, paid by or on behalf of the person affected . In total this maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your stay.
Our liability for loss or damage to any luggage or personal possessions including money. The maximum amount we will have to pay you is €35 per person affected. It is assumed that adequate insurance has been taken out at the time of booking.
13 Complaints and Procedures In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your stay whilst away, you must immediately inform us. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to us as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem we cannot begin to resolve it. Most problems can be dealt with quickly. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness we regret that we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause
14. Behaviour You must accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct to us at the time of the incident. If you fail to do so you will be responsible for meeting any legal costs we incur in full in recovering full payment from you. We expect clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset, or distress to any third party or damage to the property or in any way damage the reputation and or goodwill of the owner, we are entitled without prior notice to terminate the occupation of the persons concerned. In this situation the persons concerned will be required to leave the accommodation immediately. We will have no further responsibility towards such person. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination
15. Special request If you have any special requests you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we endeavour to meet any reasonable requests we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings i.e. any booking, which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. All such bookings will be treated as standard bookings subject to the above provisions on special request.
16. Medical problemsIf you or any member of your party has any medical problems or disability that may affect your stay, please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In any event you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
17. Passports visas and health requirements It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in receipt of all necessary travel and health documents including passports and visas where applicable before departure.
18. GrapeVine Manor Grapevine Manor is a private dwelling. Being such there are no standards or categories that are internationally recognized. Indeed it reflects the architecture and furnishings, the local traditions and the personal taste of the owners. This is precisely the type of holiday that we offer, the chance to indulge in the culture of the local area.. We cannot exclude the possibility that these differences can sometimes result in minor inconveniences due to the special nature of the property but we cannot accept these as complaints. Electrical power cuts are 'the norm' in inland Spain and Grapevine Manor will not accept any responsibility for any inconvenience or damage to your possessions caused by power cuts, power surges or fluctuations in supply. Please note your mobile phone may not work when in the house or grounds. We will not accept liability for any circumstances caused by not receiving text or mobile phone calls. We do provide free WiFi for guests. Once again we must inform you that we will not accept liability for any circumstances caused by this service being temporarily unavailable.